Etched in natural stone, Kensho is a vibrant marriage of strength and beauty, Eastern motifs and Western artistic techniques. The sensuous curves of smooth carved stone reveal a patchwork of Japanese sashiko kimono patterns depicting organic elements such as waves, mountains, and bamboo. Inspired by a 15th-century Italian technique known as acquaforte, artisans etch textural patterns into the surface, creating a sense of movement across the stone. The etched patterns are then brought to life using a champagne-gold metallic finish. This labor-intensive handcrafted process, wrought on natural stone, makes each Kensho sink unique - and a stunning statement piece for the bath.
- Natural honed marble or limestone etched with Japanese kimono-inspired textural patterns.
- Etched surface is highlighted with a subtle champagne-gold metallic finish.
- Round basin.
- Coordinates with optional K-95069 Kensho drain cover (sold separately).
- No faucet holes; requires wall-or counter-mount faucet.
- Available in Biancone marble from Italy or Grey Foussana limestone from Tunisia.